Luggage transported free of charge by the passenger, adult or child, in the cabin, for which they are fully responsible.
Hand luggage are all items that can be accommodated in the appropriate compartment, under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment, with maximum dimensions of 115 cm (55 in height x 35 cm length x 25 wide) and a maximum weight of 8 Kg.
Luggage exceeding these measures will be transported in the aircrafts cargo hold, as checked-in luggage and an extra charge will be applicable, if the total allowance is exceeded.
Passengers are allowed to carry, for each baby or infant (zero to two years of age) travelling with them, a portable stroller, bassinet or a baby seat, in addition to the baby food necessary for the flight.
Items carried free of charge
In addition to the hand luggage allowance, some items may be carried free of charge:
- A coat, an overcoat or a blanket
- An umbrella or cane
- A briefcase and / or lady’s handbag
- Books and magazines in reasonable quantity for reading during flight
- A camera or video-recorder and / or binoculars
- A portable crib and baby food for the flight
- A portable wheelchair and / or a pair of crutches and / or orthopedic equipment or prosthesis, if the passenger depends on them.
Items prohibited for as hand luggage
For security reasons, it is prohibited to carry certain items as hand luggage:
- nail clippers
- knives or sharp objects
- Replicas and/or toy weapons
- weapons / ammunition
Note: These items should only be transported in your checked baggage. TACV assumes no responsibility for any article removed for security reasons.
If your hand luggage has to be transported as checked luggage, we recommend you remove all valuable items and medication.
CaboVerde Airlines is not liable for any loss or damage to the above mentioned items, or similar one, if transported in your checked-in luggage.