Consumer Service Plan
Customer Service Plan
TACV’s Customer Service Plan aims to address the key service elements of the new rules put forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) that most affect our customers. This Plan applies with respect to TACV – Cabo Verde Airlines’ scheduled flights to and from the United States, except where otherwise noted.
Our Customer Service Plan is intended to provide you with information regarding TACV’s policies, procedures and methods for handling certain aspects of your travel.
This Customer Service Plan is explicitly separate from and not a part of TACV’s Contract of Carriage.
1. Notify customers of the lowest available fare
TACV will offer the lowest available fare for which the customer is eligible for the date, flight and class of service requested through our Call Center, at our Sales Office and through our website (www.flytacv.com).
2. Notify customers of known delays, cancellations and diversions
When unforeseen problems occur and flights are delayed, cancelled or diverted, TACV will make every effort to notify customers in a timely and accurate manner with the best available information.
TACV will provide gate agents, flight crew and other appropriate personnel the information available about flight delays, cancellations and diversions.
For a change in the status of a flight that occurs within 7 days of the scheduled date of the flight, TACV will provide information about the change in status within 30 minutes of becoming aware of such change. A change in the status of a flight means a cancellation, a diversion or a delay of 30 minutes or more in the planned operation of a flight. TACV will provide the information in the boarding gate area for the flight at a U.S. airport, on airport monitors at the pertinent U.S. airport (when feasible), on our website (www.flytacv.com) and via TACV Reservation Offices.
3. Deliver baggage on time
TACV will make every reasonable effort to deliver customers’ baggage within 24 hours. If you have expenses because of baggage delay and are eligible to receive compensation, we will compensate you for reasonable and necessary expenses (such as toiletries), upon submission of receipts. TACV will refund the checked baggage fee for any lost baggage.
4. Allow reservations to be cancelled without penalty or held at the quoted fare without payment for a defined period of time.
TACV will allow a customer to cancel a ticket for a full refund without penalty within 24 hours after reservation, if the reservation is made one week or more before departure. This policy applies to refundable as well as non-refundable fares. To request a full refund on a ticket cancelled within 24 hours of reservation, please call our Call Center toll free +1 866-FLY-TACV.
In a situation where a reservation is held without payment, TACV will hold the reservation at the quoted fare for 24 hours after the reservation is made (if the reservation is made one week or more before departure).
5. Provide prompt ticket refunds
We will provide prompt refunds, including refunding cash and check purchases within 20 days after receiving a refund request. TACV will refund fees charged for optional services that a passenger was unable to use due to overbooking or flight cancellation.
6. Properly accommodate passengers with disabilities and other special needs
We will provide our customers who require additional assistance, including individuals with disabilities and unaccompanied minors, with the attention, respect and care they deserve.
TACV is dedicated to providing safe, convenient and reliable travel to all individuals. TACV employees are trained to comply with DOT’s regulations implementing the Air Carrier Access Act (14 CFR Part 382).
During lengthy tarmac delays, our flight crew will make every effort to properly accommodate customers with disabilities or special needs.
7. Meet customers’ essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
We are committed to operating a reliable schedule for our customers. Safety considerations, weather, air traffic control, operations and other factors may occasionally cause lengthy tarmac delays. We have plans and processes in place to minimize such delays. Should a lengthy tarmac delay occur at a U.S. airport, and if safety and security considerations permit, we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your essential needs are met through providing adequate food, potable water, lavatory facilities and access to medical assistance, in accordance with our Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan.
8. Treat passengers with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales
TACV never intends to cause any inconvenience to a passenger in connection with his/her journey on TACV. However, due to operational requirements, inventory control policies and a varying percentage of no-show passengers, there will be times when passengers cannot be accommodated on the booked flight. If your flight is in an oversale situation, TACV will first ask for volunteers to give up their reservations in exchange for compensation.
When TACV does not receive enough volunteers, TACV may deny boarding to boarding to passengers holding a confirmed reservation. TACV may assign and release seats in accordance with our company policy on boarding priority.
Passengers who are involuntarily denied boarding at a U.S. airport are entitled to a payment of “denied boarding compensation” in accordance with the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation at 14 CFR Part 250.
Passengers are not entitled to “denied boarding compensation” if:
• The passenger has not fully complied with the TACV ticketing and check-in requirements, or the passenger is not acceptable for transportation under TACV rules and practices.
• The flight is cancelled.
• A smaller capacity aircraft was substituted for safety or operational reasons.
• A flight operating with an aircraft having safety-related weight/balance restrictions limits payload.
• TACV is able to place the passenger on another flight or flights that are planned to reach the final destination within one hour of the scheduled arrival of the original flight.
• Passengers are offered accommodations in a section of the aircraft other than specified in their ticket at no extra charge (a passenger seated in a section for
which a lower fare is charged shall be refunded accordingly).
9. Disclose travel itinerary changes, cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules and
aircraft configuration TACV will give clear information about policies and service aspects that may be important to our customers on TACV’s website (flytacv.com) and, upon request,
through our Call Center and representatives at the airport. This means providing clear
• Aircraft configuration and lavatory availability;
• Terms and conditions that apply to customer ticket and travel, including cancellation policies;
• Frequent flyer rules.
TACV will notify passengers in a timely manner about changes in their travel itineraries using the contact information made available to TACV in passenger’s reservations.
10. Ensure responsiveness to customer complaints
TACV has dedicated resources for monitoring the effects of flight delays, flight cancellations, and lengthy tarmac delays on passengers.
TACV will acknowledge the receipt of a consumer complaint regarding its scheduled service to the complainant within 30 days of receiving it, and will send a substantive response to the complainant within 60 days of receiving the complaint.
Complaints sent via the U.S. postal service should be sent to:
TACV – Cabo Verde Airlines
1250 Hancock Street, Suite 105N
Quincy, MA 02169
Complaints via e-mail should be sent to: email@example.com
Complaints via FAX should be sent to: + 1 617 845 0106
11. Provide services to mitigate inconveniences resulting from cancellations and
misconnections. In order to reduce any inconvenience a customer may experience during cancellations and misconnections, TACV will:
• Do its best to contact customer in advance regarding a flight cancellation or an itinerary change using the contact information in the reservation;
• Take all efforts to confirm customer booking on the next flight TACV operates that has seats available in the same class of service;
• Make available information about customer rebooking through TACV Sales Office.